The public is invited to a free screening of “Recovery Boys,” the latest documentary film from Academy Award-nominated director Elaine McMillion Sheldon (“Heroin(e)”).
- Metropolitan Theater in Morgantown
- Friday, Sept. 21 at 7:30 pm
- Film showing (87 mins) will be followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers and film subjects
***Tickets are free***
The feature-length documentary film follows four young West Virginians as they battle substance use disorder and attempt to reinvent their lives and reenter society. “Recovery Boys” is an intimate look at the strength, brotherhood, and courage that it takes to overcome addiction and lays bare the internal conflict of recovery and the external hurdles of society.
- Watch the exclusive trailer here: YouTube.com
- “Recovery Boys” is available now on Netflix: netflix.com/recoveryboys
This event is hosted by WVU Collegiate Recovery Community, Student Government, WVU Student Events Board, Student Life, WVU Wellness and Health Promotion and WVU Alcohol and Other Drug Coalition.